Safe Bus Riding Rules
(1) Pupils shall arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
(2) Pupils must wait in a location clear of traffic and away from the bus stop at the "driver designated place of safety".
(3) Behavior must not threaten life, limb or property of any individual.
(4) Pupils must go directly to their assigned seat so the bus may safely resume motion.
(5) Pupils must remain seated keeping aisles and exits clear at all times.
(6) Pupils must observe classroom conduct and obey the driver promptly and respectfully.
(7) Pupils must not use profane language.
(8) Pupils must refrain from chewing gum, eating and drinking on the bus except as required for medical reasons.
(9) Pupils must not use and/or possess tobacco products on the bus or at the bus stop.
(10) Pupils must not use and/or possess alcohol or drugs on the bus or at the bus stop.
(11) Pupils must not throw or pass objects on, from or into the bus.
(12) Pupils may carry on the bus only objects that can be held in their laps (see paragraph (J) of Rule 3301-83-20 of the Administrative Code)
(13) Pupils must leave or board the bus at locations to which they have been assigned unless they have parental and administrative authorization to do otherwise. This must be in the form of an alternate transportation form or daily bus pass.
(14) Pupils must not put body parts or belongings out of the bus windows.
(15) Firearms, weapons, explosives, or other dangerous materials or objects are prohibited on school buses. Animals are also prohibited, with the exception of those intended for special needs assistance. Glass and balloons are also prohibited on school buses.
(16) Guidelines will be formulated for the use and storage of equipment and other means of assistance required by special needs children.
(17) Pupils must not use electronic devices such as laser pointer, cameras, hand held games, MP3 players or cell phones unless approved by a school administrator.
Safety is important when riding or driving a school bus. If a student’s behavior becomes a problem by not following the above rules, riding privileges may be revoked.