Greenville City Schools will be the leader in educational offerings, student performance and community involvement, and will maximize the potential of each and every student.
The mission of Greenville City Schools is to provide a safe and high quality learning environment that enables the district to provide engaging and rewarding work for students and staff every day; and to strive to continuously improve, looking ahead to the future to ensure that we prepare citizens who are college, career and life ready.
Greenville City Schools is the leader in comprehensive academic and extra-curricular programs that challenge and fulfill each and every student’s needs.
At Greenville City Schools, we actively listen and respond in a timely manner to the ideas and concerns of students, staff, parents and community members.
Greenville City Schools partners with stakeholders to provide support, programs and information to meet the social and emotional needs of students and families.
The board and administrators plan for and spend wisely to meet the needs of students and staff, now and into the future.
• High expectations result in higher levels of achievement; ALL of our students and adults are capable of learning more than they are now learning.
• Our schools must prepare students to become information seekers, active problem solvers, and team players in a knowledge-based and technologically advanced society.
• Effective leaders are accountable for inventing and designing quality schoolwork to enhance the development and growth of the whole person based on the core values of our school system.
• Authentic learning results from actively participating in challenging and highly engaging work that incorporates individual learning styles.
• Strong commitment to our school district and our community as partners is essential in supporting an educationally strong, safe, and enriched learning environment for our students.
• Thoughtful and purposeful innovation that supports continuous improvement and honors valued traditions is necessary for all people and programs in the system in order to meet the future challenges our community will face.
• As a learning community, we must treat others with respect, work cooperatively, share successes, and appreciate life-long learning.
(Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles Adopted by the Board of Education – January 9, 2020 Beliefs Adopted – July 17, 2001)